Foreclosure/Loan Modifications

foreclosureHalcomb Singler has experience negotiating on behalf of homeowners who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments. Many homeowners do not wish to file bankruptcy and want to be able to keep their home, but are not comfortable contacting their mortgage company or wonder if there is a better option than offered by the mortgage company.

The following are examples of solutions Halcomb Singler may attempt to negotiate on your behalf:

Mortgage Modification
This is an agreement whereby the terms of your original agreement with your mortgage lender may change. It may be possible to decrease your monthly payment through a reduction in interest, reduction in principal, or by putting an arrearage at the end of your mortgage.

Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
This is a process where you deed your property to the bank and the bank agrees to accept the house in full payment of the loan. Halcomb Singler can speak with the mortgage company and review any documents you are asked to sign to make certain that the mortgage company will not be able to attempt to collect on the loan if you deed back the house.

Mortgage Foreclosure Defense
Halcomb Singler can help Indiana homeowners who are attempting to modify their mortgage loans even if a foreclosure lawsuit has already been filed. Indiana law allows a homeowner to request a settlement conference with their mortgage company during a foreclosure case to see if an agreement can be reached that will resolve the mortgage foreclosure lawsuit. Our Carmel-based attorneys can also represent you at your mortgage foreclosure settlement conference.


For a free legal consultation regarding foreclosures/loan modifications, please complete and submit our contact form or call us directly at 317.575.8222. Evening and weekend appointments are available.

Estate Planning
Estate Administration
Family Law/Divorce
Latest Blog Feed
File Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Even Though Fail Means Test? Posted : 09-10-2017

The internet is a great tool, but not always the friend of those who are attempting to file bankrupt More

Notice of Hamilton County Indiana Sheriff Sale? Posted : 08-08-2017

Did you receive a notice of an upcoming sheriff sale in Hamilton County, Indiana?  Has this notice More

How can I disinherit someone? Posted : 15-06-2017

It is  not uncommon for the attorneys at Halcomb Singler, LLP to meet with an estate planning clien More

Bankruptcy Should be Future Focused Posted : 06-06-2017

While it is true that filing a bankruptcy petition will assist with a repayment plan or complete eli More